Monday, December 29, 2008

'Test'ing times


We all hate exams, don't we? I am no exceptions to this and I am being quite vociferous about it. When every new course starts, the first thing i do is count the number of exams I have to write. Nevertheless the number of exams I write have come down over the years.

When I was in my 10th grade, my dad used to say, "do this exam well and you can enjoy the rest of your college life". Its been 6 years since and he still says the same things. I have to say the law of diminishing marginal utility has come to play. After the 10th, it was 12th. It felt like being tied with a tether and being told, "go, you may go as far as you want". It was a never ending cycle of exams after exams. Sometimes a class test and sometimes a preparatory exam. By the time final exams come, I used to be so tired of exams that the sense of purpose is totally lost.

But that was still early days. I had to write the all important CAT. And guess what, I voluntarily took the trouble of enrolling into a tutorial. It easily broke all my previous record for preparatory exams put together. On D day, the questions were as Greek and Latin to me as they were to me before I enrolled to the tutorial. Nevertheless the law of averages caught up with me and I did pretty okay. Many students across the nation had similar horrors and I benefited.

The saga of writing exams continues and it doesnt seem like there is going to be any respite. Good night. I have an exam tomorrow!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

About studies in have one thing to say.....

the seniors scare the juniors regarding the toughness of the course they are presently doing..i'e... a second std student says to a first std student..." u are in first class na , njoi... when u come to second na you will struggle...."


it has been happening all thru my 16 yrs...
recently i heard.." hey 1 st yr MBA cool man.. 2nd year will be screwing"... hahaha